Tuesday 13 January 2009

taking notes about managing and projects

1 main points:To build up your leadership and management capability.Alignment of values=influence(领导一个团队之关键在于拥有一致的目标,或大体一致。。。)(This is a chimes subject, more on mental level understanding but wonderful.)Lecture 2 main points:Leadership build-up
Traits theories (personalities)
Behaviors theories
Contingency theories
leadership pattern
Traits theories (personalities): who wants to be a leader? why that guy is the leader over the whole employees?
1. need for power (which I may have some but not much)
2.Need for achievement (which I am lack of...)
3.Need for affiliation (which I don't have...)
4.Stress tolerance (can I take stress? I think so...)
5.Self-confidence (yes I do!)
6.Internal locus of control (means believe in action can make changes. yes I do! Emotional stability and maturity (I'm looked like uncle, yes I do.)
· Personal integrity (以和为贵)
· Wisdom (most important thing! wisdom is the key. wisdom is not intelligence)
· Trustworthiness (值得信赖。小声说,会受伤害。。。)
· Benevolence (善待下属)
· Courage (鼓舞士气)
· Discipline (强调纪律 铁面无私)
· Recklessness (from here are bad factors)
· Cowardice
· Quick-tempered
· Sensitive to honor
· Overly compassionates (逼不得以。。。也得狠下心来。难!)
Behavior theories, the correct actions a good manager should take:
· Consideration (shows concern for subordinates)
· Initiating structure (design roles of subordinate in team)
· Task-oriented (就事论事)
· Relationship-oriented (good manager is caring and helpful.)
· Participative leadership (allow team member to participate)

No comments: