Saturday 24 January 2009

reflective writing

This course was really useful for my degree. I enjoy this month even I have a lot of pressures. We have to write the whole essay by 3 weeks. It’s not enough. Actually it was really hard for me, because I never write any essay before either Chinese or English. So this is my first time to write. I think the most difficult part for me is writing essay. I don’t know how to start an essay and how to manage different part together. So after the lesson I check a lot of essay on the internet and learn how to structure the essay. It was really useful to get the ideas about the structure from other essay. Of course we can not copy everything but just for the structure. Then I know some thing about bibliography and reference. After this I know I can’t copy things from internet and also from books but I can use the idea or change few words to make it become my own things. So now I get a lot of skills to prepare my essay.
About teaching style, it’s not a lot of different between China and England but still few points. Firstly in China people think that academic knowledge was really important of a student, but in England people think general knowledge was more important. So I prefer the education in England that’s why I did my A-LEVEL here.
This month I really try to study hard and do a lot of research therefore I feel really tired. But the thing is I have to start the new student attend meeting by next week. Therefore I have no break between this course and my degree course. Poor me!
Last thing, thank you Dilek! You are the nicest teacher in the world! Thank you for these 2 months to take care about me and teach me a lot of useful things.
Thank you very much.

No comments: